Home town: Cumberland, ON
Birth date: June 16, 1994
Racing Class: Elite
Racing Discipline: Track Cycling
Home Club: Ottawa Bicycle Club
Racing Experience and Results:
Pan Am Championships ( Aguascalientes, Mexico)
- Set new Canadian record in the KILO
Commonwealth Games ( Glasgow, Scotland)
- 4th in team sprint
- 7th in KILO
- National Champion in KILO.
- Bronze in Match Sprint at Canadian Championship
- Gold in team sprint at Canadian Championship
- Silver in Sprint, KILO and Keiring at Canadian Championship
- Selected for the Canadian Junior World 2012 team for Invercargill, New Zealand
- Canadian junior 2012 Pan-Am team (Guatemala City)
- 4th in kilo, 4th in 200m flyer, 5th in sprint tournament, 4th in team sprint
Years of Racing Bicycles: 5 years
Canadian Domestic Races:
- 2012 National championship;
- Gold in team sprint and 3 silver; match sprint, kilo,and keirin.
- 2012 Raced for team Ontario at road cycling national’s championships. 8th in the Criterium
- 2012 Ride with Rendall stage race (overall point leader, 3rd in the TT, 1st in the road race)
- 2012 Dandelion GP (2nd road race)
- 2012 Preston Criterium – 2nd place Junior
2011 National track championships,
- 3 silver medals; Sprint, kilo and team sprint
- 2011 Ontario Provincial road race in Kitchener-Waterloo Winner (Sportif category)
- 2011Preston street Criterium – 6th place
- 2012 OBC Cyclist of the Year
- 2011 Junior of the Year award from the Ottawa Cycling Club
- Won Silver for 2011 15k TT and gold in the 40k TT
Training Environment: I have been following a cycling training system set up by my coach. This includes structured training workouts, weight training and race support. During the summer, we have access to coaching support three to five times per week during training races, ITT’s, training rides as well as direct access to club coaches as we require. We have coaching and/or Team Manager support at many major races. I am being trained and monitored through a structured training system designed by our coach. Last year I trained 600 hours and this year I am doing 600-650 hours but that number is subject to be increased throughout this coming season. Training includes strength training, interval workouts, training zone evaluations, video analysis and monitoring of training and racing by the club coach.
We have worked on individual and group skills relevant to road and track racing.
Best racing abilities:
Other Sports Interests:
· Long track Speed Skating.
School and grade:
· Currently attending the University of Calgary
· Various outdoor activities.
Other athletic achievement (see speed skating page)
Ultimate goals for 2015:
- Qualify for the 2015 Pan-Am games
I enjoy this sport immensely and would like to continue to develop my skills to the highest level possible.